Into every life, every journey comes a few detours. All you can do is prepare for everything you can imagine, all the while realizing that the bumps you do come across will be something you could not have anticipated. Luckily, I learned that one a long time ago, so there was no major meltdown when the director of my bootcamp called to tell me the program had been pushed back 4 months. Disappointment and increased anxiety, sure, but that was about the extent of it. It is certainly a far from ideal situation, but the school offered a seat in their mobile (iOS) dev cohort, gratis, so that’s what I’ll be doing for the next 12 weeks. On the positive side, mobile dev was on my long term to-learn list, I wasn’t doing anything else during the time, and if I’m careful and frugal, I can still take the RoR/back-end course in February. Whether or not I’ll be able to take the RoR course is dependent on several factors, many of which I just have to wait and see how it turns out. Because the tech hiring process can take so long, I’m trying to be cautious with savings, and give myself 4+ months after the end of the course to find work. If everything works out (hopes, not expectations), I’ll come out the other side with more education and experience than I’d have if it had all gone as originally planned. It’s a different community to get to know, lots to learn, and widens the vista. Here’s to new things!