O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Founder and Principal Developer
Created and worked on all aspects of Potluck - an app that allows users to coordinate potlucks and group dinners
- ⇢ Created project specifications, epics and user stories
- ⇢ Designed wireframes and user flows in Sketch
- ⇢ Wrote technical and architecture documentation
- ⇢ Implemented Firebase for authentication, database, server functions, analytics, and dynamic links
- ⇢ Developed the app in Swift 4, focusing on dependency injection, protocol-oriented programming, testability, and clean architecture patterns
- ⇢ Used Trello for project management, including organizing user stories and sprint planning
Lead feature developer on the iOS platform team for an enterprise retail app in Objective-C. Included customer reward tracking, mobile ordering, messaging, loyalty program integration, and in-app payments:
- ⇢ Implemented new features and improvements, provided support, and deployed to the App Store
- ⇢ Provided pixel perfect UI utilizing xibs and storyboards, IB and programmatically
- ⇢ Refactored data and network managers for testing, built out and implement unit and UI testing framework, continuous integration with Jenkins, Fastlane integration
- ⇢ Utilized core iOS SDKs including CoreData, CoreGraphics, CoreLocation, StoreKit, UserNotifications, WebKit, touchID, geofencing, deep linking
- ⇢ Worked with various Cocoapods and third-party frameworks, including AFNetworking, UrbanAirship, Google Analytics, Tune, encryption, libraries for testing, Facebook, Crittercism, SDWebImage
- ⇢ Mentored and trained junior and client developers on the project team; participated in code reviews, and maintained a clean git-flow process.
- ⇢ Standardized and documented deployment processes, unit testing, and onboarding for new developers
- ⇢ Worked with client developers, project management, UX, QA, server, web, and Android teams to architect, develop new features, and resolve issues.
- ⇢ Followed Agile Scrum development process using JIRA for planning and grooming.
Core contributor on an employee reward app in Swift 3
- ⇢ Integrated Google Sign-In and authentication, AWS server integration and Cognito authentication
- ⇢ Worked with an AWS server team to design, document and build an API for the app
- ⇢ Participated in sprint planning, project management, code review and project architecture
The Iron Yard
Orlando Girl Geeks
Social group for Orlando Women in Tech
Freelance Web Development
Worked with small businesses, nonprofits, and clubs to expand their reach. Including but not limited to:
- ⇢ domain registration, installation and maintenance of WordPress, Joomla and static HTML sites, with extension and theme installation and customization
- ⇢ email integration and/or setup, MailChimp and Constant Contact setup and maintenance
- ⇢ social media integration, automation and campaigns, forum installation and customization
- ⇢ eCommerce installation and customization, website copy and blog posts
- ⇢ event and volunteer management system setup and administration