- • Team member for an employee reward app (Swift)
- o Implemented UX design from designer specifications programmatically and with Interface Builder
- o Implemented Google Sign-In and authentication, AWS server integration and Cognito authentication
- o Worked with an AWS server team to design, document and build an API for the app
- o Participated in sprint planning, project management, code review and project architecture
- • Member of the iOS platform team on an enterprise retail app (Objective-C) that included customer reward tracking, mobile ordering and payments:
- o Implemented new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Pixel perfect UX with xibs, IB and programmatic
- o Worked with client developers, project management, UX, QA, server, web and Android teams.
- o Sprint planning, backlog grooming, new feature discussions, project documentation and code reviews.
- o Utilized core Cocoa concepts, unit testing (XCTest, OCMock, OHHTTPStubs), UI testing (XCUITest),
multiple environments and servers, standard iOS and UrbanAirship push notifications, touchID,
geofencing, CI builds with Jenkins, Fastlane integration, Cocoapods and various third-party frameworks
The Iron Yard
iOS Development Student
Skills: individual and team projects, pair programming, time management, error handling, documentation, creating user interfaces with Storyboards and programmatically
- • Participated in a 3-month, intensive training course in iOS development, studying Swift and Objective-C
- • Built over 25 iOS apps
- • Worked with a team on a final non-trivial project, with beta releases and user testing
Candidate for BA in Computer Science
- • Programming I & II (Java, OOP, Design Patterns, GUI)
- • System Software Principles (C, MIPS)
- • Database Management and Administration (SQL Developer)
Freelance Web Development
- • Previous work includes domain registration; installation and maintenance of WordPress, Joomla and static HTML
sites; email integration and/or setup; extension and theme installation and customization; social media integration, automation and campaigns; shopping cart and forum installation and customization; MailChimp and Constant Contact setup and maintenance; website copy and blog entries; event and volunteer management system setup
Moye, O'Brien, Pickert & Dillon, LLP
Litigation Support and eDiscovery Paralegal
- • Researched, installed, trained users, and maintained a MS SQL-based enterprise level ESI (electronically stored information) solution. Ensured proper forensic collection of data, consulted on ESI standards and best practices. Hired and coordinated with outside vendors and consultants.
- • Managed simultaneous projects for several teams, coordinated resources and managed time and materials; provided support with research, data analysis, presentation preparation and document management.
- • Acted as in-house IT support, and was liaison between outside IT firm and employees, facilitating communications and managing the IT services.
Barnes & Noble Booksellers
- • Managed a team of 40+ individuals, in a store with yearly sales of $5M+
- • Regularly trained other locations to help increase operational efficiency, personnel training and new store openings.
- • Selected from a national pool to be a member of the team to help re-establish Barnes & Noble stores and train staff after Hurricane Katrina, in New Orleans, LA.